Oak Cliff Dwellers are crazy about their pets and now they have a day to come and share all things Pets. Elmwoof Dog Park will begin construction soon in Elmwood and is reported to be the first Dog Park in Oak Cliff. Elmwood Neighborhood Association (ENA) is hosting PetFest at Elmwoof to promote responsible pet care and ownership. The event is Saturday, May 19th from noon—4:00pm. 2100 block S. Edgefield at Balboa and Berkeley in the triangle. Everyone is welcome to attend!
• Pet Parade at 2:00pm around the triangle featuring pets decorated in Red/White/Blue, in honor of Memorial Day next week. Prize will be awarded for best costume All pets MUST be on a leash! It’s the law!
• Face Painting
• Refreshments served by M. B. Henderson Students
• FREE Hot Dog, drink and chips for first 20 children - get ticket from ENA table (Compliments of Grassroots Kitchen at 2109 S Edgefield)
• ENA will be selling shopping bags, t-shirts and memberships.
• Elmwoof will be selling some high-end pet beds at excellent prices. Proceeds go to Elmwoof Dog Park Fund.
• Background Dog music for your listening pleasure
• Dallas Animal Services (DAS) will provide adoption information as well as lost and found pet rules and some fun giveaways
• SPCA will be making free spay/neuter appointments; provide info on upcoming free vaccination clinics; Adoption services available, and also will be selling collars and leashes.
• Park Rangers from Dallas City Parks and Recreation discuss park safety and new park rules
• Bicycle safety presentation at 1:00pm by Officer Leal of the DPD Southwest Division
Please Note: Due to City liability requirements Elmwoof Dog Park will not be available for use during PetFest. Conceptual drawings of completed park will be on display.
ENA, Elmwoof and the SPCA are all non-profit organizations. Donations are not required but most appreciated