Faith Family Education Foundation, which is committed to supporting Faith Family Academy’s students with the resources they need to achieve an elite-level education, is pleased to announce the appointment of 5 new board members, Joshua Childs, Bill Ortiz, Greg Rowe, Sergeant Reggie Williams and Lieutenant Stephen Williams.
“Our Board of Directors is comprised of dedicated community leaders devoted to cultivating innovative and creative involvement to benefit students and staff and to enhance the mission of Faith Family Academy, said Rick Mozley, Board President, Faith Family Education Foundation. “We are excited to channel our new board members, expertise and energy into furthering our mission.”
The new board members serve three-year terms and are as follows:
- Joshua Childs work at the University of Texas at Austin examines collaborative approaches involving community organizations and stakeholders that have the potential to improve academic achievement and reduce opportunity gaps for students in urban and rural schools. Joshua is also the UIL liaison for the UT system. Joshua graduated from Plano West High School, ran track and field and received a B.A. in Elementary Education from the University of Tulsa, received a M.A. in Education Policy from University of Colorado-Boulder and PhD in Learning Sciences and Policy from the University of Pittsburgh.
- Bill Ortiz is a highly accomplished professional with more than 30 years start-up experience in various industries including consumer goods, high tech and business consulting. His business acumen and his expertise in sales, marketing and fundraising make Bill a valuable FFEF Board member. He was highly active in school fundraising activities and other organizations during his two daughters’ K-12 adventure.
- Greg Rowe is the CEO of Dallas based, Hardie’s Fresh Foods and has been in the food distribution business for nearly four decades. In addition to being CEO of Hardie’s, Greg also serves as Chairman of PRO*ACT a national cooperative that Hardie’s is a member. He has also held positions on the community leadership board for the American Diabetes Association and for Washington D.C. based United Fresh Produce Association. Greg is known in the industry for innovative leadership with an eye on how technology can enhance the distribution business.
- Chief Master Sergeant Reggie Williams is a decorated Air Force veteran who served more than 28 years of service to our country. His service included Korea, Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom. Chief Williams is the current Commander of the VFW Post 1406, the Dorie Miller Memorial Post. He is also the current District Three VFW Jr. Vice Commander. He has received numerous honors within the VFW.
- Stephen Williams is an experienced Police Lieutenant with a demonstrated history of working in the law enforcement industry. Lieutenant Williams is skilled in public safety, law enforcement and public safety technology along with strong military and protective services. He a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) focused on Criminology from University of Texas at Arlington - College of Liberal Arts.
About Faith Family Education Foundation
Faith Family Education Foundation was established in 2017 as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with the mission to advocate, support, and generate opportunities and resources that further enhance the mission of Faith Family Academy charter schools in Dallas, Texas. Faith Family Education Foundation conducts annual fundraising campaigns to enhance student opportunities through academic scholarships, program development and support, and ongoing capital improvements.